Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Natalie

This gorgeous little girl is Natalie, our current foster dog.

Natalie is a terrier mix who is estimated to be around one year old and had been in a local shelter the last several days. She truly seems like a great dog. Other than a little tension with my two little ones -and only when she was up on the couch or the bed and they invaded her space- she is doing wonderfully in our home. I feel so relieved that she is here with us instead of at the cold (okay, maybe not so cold, it is Summer time after all.. but still!) lonely shelter. We are having some awesome thunderstorms this evening and I think Miss Natalie is a tad bit frightened of the thunder, so she is currently hiding under our bed, and, according to Daddy, has been for the greater part of the evening. Poor girl.

She seems comfortable here and though she didn't come out to greet me the second I walked through the front door, like my boys do, she did come immediately when I called her. She was wagging her tail and acted happy to see me. I can tell she is a sweetheart with a gentle nature and I am sure she is going to make someone a great companion.

Natalie will be staying here with us for the next week and a half or so, getting spayed a week from today, and then she will be off to a great rescue in NJ. 

I am trying not to get attached - while still enjoying having her here and showing her affection. We'll see how the whole don't-get-attached thing goes. I know she will find a great home though!

Yay, Natalie!

No comments:

Post a Comment